Jordan Peterson - Personality
Dr. Jordan B. Peterson is a professor of psychology at the University of Toronto, a clinical psychologist, and the author of the bestsellers Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life & 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, #1 for nonfiction in 2018 in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, the Netherlands, Brazil and Norway, and slated for translation into 50 languages.
Raised and toughened in the frigid wastelands of Northern Alberta, Dr. Peterson has flown a hammer-head roll in a carbon-fiber stuntplane, piloted a mahogany racing sailboat around Alcatraz Island, explored an Arizona meteorite crater with a group of astronauts, built a Native American Long-House on the upper floor of his Toronto home, and been inducted into a Pacific Kwakwaka’wakw family (see charlesjoseph.ca). He’s been a dishwasher, gas jockey, bartender, short-order cook, beekeeper, oil derrick bit re-tipper, plywood mill laborer and railway line worker. He’s taught mythology to physicians, lawyers, and businessmen; worked with Jim Balsillie, former CEO of Blackberry’s Research in Motion, on Resilient People, Resilient Planet, the report of the UN Secretary General’s High Level Panel on Global Sustainability; helped his clinical clients manage the triumphs and catastrophes of life; served as an advisor to senior partners of major Canadian law firms; penned the forward for the 50th anniversary edition of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn’s The Gulag Archipelago; lectured across North America, Europe and Australia in one of the most-well attended book tours ever mounted; and, for The Founder Institute, identified thousands of promising entrepreneurs, in 60 different countries.
With his students and colleagues, Dr. Peterson has published more than a hundred scientific papers, advancing the modern understanding of creativity, competence and personality, while his now-classic book, Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief (released in June 2018 as a now bestselling author-read audiobook) transformed the psychology of religion. He was nominated for five consecutive years as one of Ontario’s Best University Lecturers, and is one of only three profs rated as “life changing” in the U of T’s underground student handbook of course ratings.
In 2016, shortly before the publication of 12 Rules, several of Dr. Peterson’s online lectures, videos and interviews went viral, launching him into unprecedented international prominence as a public intellectual and educator. His work, public postings and discussions are featured on the following platforms:
- Jordan Peterson Videos, on YouTube, features Dr. Peterson’s university and public lectures (including a highly-viewed 15-part biblical series on Genesis), responses to the polarizing political crises of today, and interviews with people such as Camille Paglia, Jonathan Haidt and Ayaan Hirsi Ali. The channel has 2.7 million subscribers, with 145 million views; videos derived from his online content by others have been viewed more than half a billion times.
- The Jordan B Peterson Podcast, with over 100 episodes, has attracted close to a million listeners per episode, with over 55,000,000 downloads (plans to expand this dramatically with professional development are underway). Ranking reliably #1 in the Higher Education category on iTunes (often occupying all ten of the top ten episode slots), it has consistently been in the top five in the general Education category;
- jordanbpeterson.com, his home website, contains his blog and influential recommended reading list, and attracts 25,000 views a day, for a total of more than 14,000,000 page hits to date;
- selfauthoring.com and understandmyself.com, his online self-improvement and self-understanding systems, respectively, attract 25000 users per month and were the focus of two Dr. Oz TV episodes (here and here) and three podcasts (one here). More information about these systems can be found below.
- Dr. Peterson’s popular guide to writing essays can be found here.
- His public lecture tour, The 12 Rules for Life Tour, covered more than 160 cities, drawing approximately 500,000 ticketed attendees in the US, Canada, Australia and a variety of European countries;
- jordan.b.peterson on Instagram has over 1,300,000 followers;
- Dr. Jordan B. Peterson, on Facebook, has over 860,000 followers and 720,000 likes;
- @jordanbpeterson on Twitter, has over 1.4 million followers;
- r/JordanPeterson on Reddit has 207,000 followers;
- Jordan B Peterson on Quora has 34,000 followers and 9,000,000 answer views;
- When active, originally, on the crowdfunding site Patreon, Dr. Peterson had 10,000 active subscribers and was the 2nd most highly funded creator on the site, the 6th most subscribed for video providers, and the 10th most widely subscribed of all Patreon accounts. He left Patreon in January of 2019, citing emerging censorship on the platform (see Goodbye to Patreon) and has now established subscription and donation services which can be accessed here. He is involved in the creation of a new site for creators and those who follow them called ThinkSpot, which is currently in its beta version (see thinkspot.com).
Dr. Peterson’s classroom lectures on mythology and the psychology of religion, based on Maps of Meaning (2016 version here), were turned into a popular 13-part TV series on Canadian public television’s TVO. Malcolm Gladwell discussed psychology with him while researching his books; Norman Doidge, author of The Brain that Changes Itself, wrote the forward to 12 Rules; and bestselling thriller writer Gregg Hurwitz employed several of his “valuable things” as a plot feature in his #1 international bestseller, Orphan X.
With his colleagues, Dr. Daniel M. Higgins and Dr. Robert O. Pihl, Dr. Peterson has also produced two online programs to help people understand themselves better and to improve their psychological and practical functioning. The most recent of these, UnderstandMyself, provides its users with detailed information about their personalities, based on work he published with his students here. Tens of thousands of people now know themselves better, as a consequence of completing this 15-minute program. His original self-analysis program, the Self Authoring Suite, (featured in O: The Oprah Magazine, CBC radio, and NPR’s national website), has helped over 200,000 people resolve the problems of their past, rectify their personality faults and enhance their virtues, and radically improve their future. Research documenting the program’s effectiveness can be found here and here.
Dr. Peterson has appeared on many popular podcasts and shows, including the Joe Rogan Experience (#877, #958, #1006), The Rubin Report (12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, Free Speech, Psychology, Gender Pronouns), H3H3 (#37), and many more. He is currently working on a new book, tentatively titled Beyond Mere Order: 12 More Rules for Life, slated for publication in late 2020.
If this Author or Course helped you improve your life. It is really worth it if you go and buy his/her course. Get feedback, support and help by his/her community. The Author support is much more valuable than the course itself.